by Janet Single-Schwall
Cupping is one of the oldest globally practiced medical treatments dating back over 3,500 years. During a cupping massage session, cups are placed on the areas to be treated and a suction is created which draws the tissue up into the cup. This safe and comfortable practice is highly effective for many conditions. Cupping therapy releases tight tissues, drains stagnation and toxins, and loosens adhesions, all while bringing fresh blood flow to the skin and muscles. The stagnation is drawn out and processed by the lymph system. In addition, cupping engages the nervous system to promote relaxation.
Cupping can help:
- Release tight, restricted muscles anywhere in the body, especially in the upper and lower back, glutes and legs.
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite by loosening adhesions and connective tissue, removing toxins and increasing circulation.
- Increase digestive health by working with the small and large intestines, stomach, colon and support structures.
- Reduce menopausal discomfort.
- Improve sinus issues, TMJ and headaches.
- Support healthy facial skin by increasing circulation, decreasing tension, draining stagnant facial tissues and releasing of expression lines.
Janet Single-Schwall owns Namaste Holistic Massage Therapy in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Her goal is to meet her client’s needs by providing high quality, therapeutic, comfortable and affordable care. For more information or to book an appointment, visit NamasteHolisticMassageTherapy.com call/text 208-771-1179.